Web Content Writing with Your Business Goals in Mind
Strong website written content can make a world of difference for your business. It will show your readers that you are an expert in your field and deserve their trust. In addition, it can boost your website ranking, increase site traffic, and produce new leads.
Still many site owners insist on quickly posting content just to ‘get it done.’ Then, they leave their site alone for months at a time and question why it’s not producing new leads. They may be doing more harm than good! Google penalizes sites that contain duplicate, stale, or poor writing with low search engine results.
Quality website writing should:
- Be free from grammatical or spelling errors
- Include original content that is updated regularly
- Contain a strong headline to spark interest
- Provide action steps for your reader to apply what they’ve learned
- Answer questions commonly asked by your audience
- Use accurate facts and reliable information sources
- Create new and engaging questions for the reader
- Make use of photos and videos
- Be like a woman’s skirt – long enough to cover everything but short enough to be interesting